Saturday, July 7, 2012

Shoe Cabinet makeover using WAX PAPER

Summer months mean we are using our back entry a whole lot more and with that brings sandals and shoes all over the place. We do have a closet at the back but its kind of a junk closet / toolbox of Mr. Bliss.

I found this affordable BISSA Shoe Cabinet  from Ikea which was priced right at $29.99 however the birch finish isn't quite our style. A little paint, a printer and wax paper and she seems to fit in a whole lot better.



Shoes can now be put away and out of sight


Step by Step


paint the cabinet with a strong primer and a coat or two of light colored paint



Cut a sheet of wax paper to the size of your printer paper

Using the Paint Program I created the text in a 250 point font called Symbol. Make sure you flip the image before printing. All printers are different so you might not have to use the paint program at all..

Carefully feed your wax paper into your printer

Place your wax image onto the cabinet, once you set it down that's where it must stay or it will be smudged

Using a credit card or a small key chain card, scratch the wax paper image completely

Gently remove the wax paper

If you have light spots you can fill it in with a permanent marker


I'm so excited about this technique I also tried it on my recently painted chair read more here
Using an old postage stamp image free from The Graphics Fairy I added a chair tattoo... I would love to use this technique on weathered wood next.





Thanks for stopping by and happy waxing!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda...I just love what you've done with your Ikea find!!! I've never been able to make the wax paper transfer thing work on either of my printers so I use other methods but you did an awesome job!!! Just hopped over from Brag Monday and I'm your newest follower via email. Would love to have you stop by for a visit and follow me back. Blessings ~ Judy http://www.vintagestreetdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!!