Sunday, May 20, 2012

I smell PROGRESS!

Baseboards are going to be the end of me.
Hot husband primed and painted all of the boards when they were delivered in January however not much has been done since. I am pleased to announce that we have progress people!! Ken has dusted off the nail gun and slowly rooms are being completed. We still have A LOT of footage to cover but with each new board that goes up I get a little giddy.

The new baseboards are tall and beefy.. i think they definitely make the room look more complete.


New baseboards inspired a little decoration in the bathroom, picked up these super cute vintage looking shabby chic botanical prints from HomeSense.






With all the bathroom attention I couldn't help but notice that our floor grout was no longer looking white. This slightly annoys me as it was sealed about 4 times before anyone walked on it. We are really good about cleaning up any messes and not letting water sit on the floor as it's a mix of marble and granite. The cleaner we use supposedly seals and cleans with each use. HA!
Here is her grub shot:


I came across a post somewhere about using Clorox Bleach Pens to clean grout, after weeks of searching (I looked everywhere: Walmart, Superstore, Save ON, Zellers, Safeway, etc) I finally found them at Canadian Tire for about $3.80 each.




I applied the pen to a small area, crossed my fingers and let sit for about 5 minutes



It kind of worked, It didn't make the grout as white as the first day it was installed but it definitely took away the look of "grime" and brightened it up a bit

The bright area in the middle is where I applied the pen, you can see a bit of difference compared to the surrounding area. Now I just need to get motivated and clean the rest of the bathroom grout :(





Bathroom

light fixture
shower curtain
baseboards
art







Thanks for visiting
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!!